Monday 2 November 2009

October 2009: The Bullshit

Kam Moye AKA Supastition released an album (Chain Letters) good enough for me to check out his latest release, and fuck me what a waste of time this was. It's as if Kam Moye is trying to make us forget about his far more talented and beat-smart alter-ego so he slows his delivery down, throws his lyrical game right down to the bottom step and decided to pick universally shitty beats that aren't hood enough to appeal to any mainstream audience but are too bouncy to be classed as underground, it's like Lil Jon and 9th Wonder decided to create a production-only collab album and decided to throw on Lupe Fiasco on a good day.

Jern Eye is more of the same, the lead single for his up-coming debut album and a number of decent previews led me to believe I was in for a treat, and at least with Jern there wasn't enough to put my expectations very high, so I went in neutral, and effectively came out ready for war. Two good songs wouldn't be acceptable on a four track EP, so imagine my discontent to find this was the case when they're in amongst fourteen other songs full length.

Burn Who's To Say and Vision and be done with this.

I really have no idea why I fucking put myself through ANOTHER Curtis Jackson album, especially since I actually bought every other album he made, but this isn't the case here, oh no, Before I Self Destruct is neck snapping music, literally. I wanted to hang myself half way through, so needless to say I wanted to test the effects of trying to shave my eyes by the time it'd finished. I actually listened to the Dj Premier produced Strong Enough and the first single Okay You're Right and they didn't completely waste the three minutes apiece, so perhaps there WAS hope for Fiddy, he certainly sounded as if he was TRYING, well that was simply for show, I'm sure having Primo in the studio was enough for this to get leaked (which it did) so 50 made an effort, that effort is non existent on the rest of the album.

I hated this album for the very same reasons as the Slaughterhouse album. Shit beats and very little effort on Royce's part, it's like the man just stopped giving a fuck. I can't say I'm surprised, though, Ryan Montgomery hasn't released anything worthwhile since Death Is Certain and this is coming from someone who considers himself a FAN. Dj Premier in the Executive Producer's chair disappoints as much as he did on The Blaqprint and aside from Nottz I can't say I'm even familiar with the other producers to receive credit for this album. I wasted an hour on this, you shouldn't.

No comments:

Post a Comment